18 May 2011

Eat: Fish Out Of Water

During the past five years, on my numerous short trips back home to Adelaide, I would always try to fit in at least one lunch stop at Fish Out Of Water. I’ve been gradually making my way through the menu and am yet to be disappointed. I view this as both a positive and negative. Yes, everything is amazing but it makes it so damn hard to decide!
The menu is extensive covering standard fish and seafood options, battered nibbles and standard burgers. Then into more gourmet territory with pitta wraps, the infamous vicious burgers, over a dozen salads as well as perfect-for-sharing gourmet packs.
On this occasion, I couldn’t tempt any of my fellow lunchmates to split a gourmet pack, so we all chose individual items off the menu. Plus some chips to share.

Laura’s pitta wrap - Deep fried calamari legs with salad and tzatziki.
Tim’s vicious burger - Grilled chicken breast, bocconcini, eggplant, chargrilled capsicum, sundried tomatoes, olives, lettuce and sweet chilli sauce.
Uncle Johnny’s vicious burger - Grilled chicken breast, jarlsberg cheese, eggplant, chargrilled capsicum, sundried tomatoes, olives, lettuce and sweet chilli sauce.
My cevapcici vicious burger - Spicy sausage, bocconcini, eggplant, chargrilled capsicum, sundried tomatoes, lettuce and sweet chilli sauce.
Chips in a box, not a soggy specimen in sight!
Prices are above average for a suburban fish and chip local, and that’s because this place is definitely above average in my opinion. The quality is great and everything is cooked to order. Be prepared to wait while staff make up your meal with care and a little bit of love.

I’m already thinking about what to order on my next visit..
Fish Out of Water on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. great post. but I thought fish out of water went out of business! so happy to see they are still around. They have the best fish burgers ever.

    - tork
    Adelaide and South Australia blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!

    Yep they're still in Hyde Park thank goodness. I think they are looking to franchise, so maybe a few more will be popping up around Aus soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. fly fishing for tarpon

    ReplyDelete